cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

GAI-tronics Explosive Proof Analog Phone - No Dial-Tone From VG310 GW

Michael Mertens
Level 1
Level 1

I am converting phones from a ROLM 9751 PBX over to a Cisco UC solution. I have one GAI-tronics analog "Intrinsically-Safe" (IS) 262-001 phone with a 263-000 Isolation Barrier Unit (IBU) between the phone and PBX (or analog VGW). On the ROLM PBX, there is dial-tone on the IS phone (through the IBU), however, when connecting the IBU to the analog VGW, the phone does not have dial-tone. There is dial-tone from the voice gateway to the IBU. I've verified that the ROLM PBX was loop-start, as is the VGW.

The IBU is powered with 120v AC and ensures "safe power levels" to the IS phone in the gaseous areas. The cable from IBU to PBX/VGW is Cat3 twisted pair, and the cable between IBU and IS phone is shielded TP, with the shield earth-grounded by the IBU.

I'm at a loss...other than to travel to the site and take a look myself- hopefully looking at the setup could stir some ideas. Has anyone every dealt with GAI-tronics explosive proof phones/IBUs before in the Cisco UC world? Any thoughts or ideas would be GREATLY appreciated...

THANKS!!

0 Replies 0