Views
Helpful
Replies

Gatekeeper question

NAVIN PARWAL
Level 2
Level 2

Folks,

I have a ccme and a callmanager connected via a Gatekeeper, I am unabe to call from the ccme to the callmanager without using the default technology prefix. I am using the zone prefix for the callmanager but the call does not route to the callmanager, any help would be highly appreciated.

Gatekeeper

zone local ccm cisco.com 10.10.10.10

zone local ccme cisco.com

zone prefix ccm 2...

zone prefix ccme 4...

no shutdown

Thanks,

Parwal

4 Replies 4

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

"A technology prefix identifies H.323 endpoints by type or class or identifies a resource pool to the gatekeeper. It is important to configure a default technology prefix on the gatekeeper and a technology prefix on teh gateway for everything to work correctly.

Defining a technology prefix is important for proper operation because in most cases, calls do not route properly if this step is not done. Tipically, the called number matches a zone prefix, not a registered E.164 address. In this case, if a technology prefix is not also matched the call is rejected."

You can find this info the Voice Gateways and Gatekeepers book.

HTH

//Jorge

Jorge,

So what should I do, I want to understand how gatekeeper works and I do not want to use default technology prefix in this cause, so what is missing in my config that I should add for my config to work, so that phones registeres to the ccme(4...) can call callmanager phones(2...)??

You NEED to use default technology, I do not see another choice.

why?

I mean I have a zone prefix specified, in addition to that I can also use technology prefix and specify the ip address of the callmanager?

gw-type=prefix 1# gw ip 10.10.10.1