Views
Helpful
Replies

General feedback for CUCM 14 and Avaya CS1000 maintenance checklist

Joshua
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

As there are quite a few people out there myself included who  have responsibilities that include both a Cisco CUCM v14 in a network along with an Avaya system in this case Avaya CS1000 I was looking for general feedback for what things should be prioritized when managing and maintaining a network that includes both Avaya and Cisco phones, the Avaya/Nortel phone models include 1165,1220,1140 and Cisco phones include 8861 and 8841 with Avaya CS1000 and Cisco CUCM v 14.

One thing I have observed is that route patterns setup on one PBX can affect inbound calling on the other PBX and that is an example of the kinds of things I am looking for. Ultimately I am looking to make a checklist of priority things to lookout for being tasked with managing and maintaining an Avaya and Cisco telecommunications network. I do have experience that goes back to Cisco CUCM 5 but as far as making a list I am interested in troubleshooting/issues that can arise as a result of a network that includes both an Avaya and Cisco PBX. Firmware like 062c98 for Avaya and Firmware like sip8xx-14-0-1. Whatever you have observed that could cause issues like overlapping route patterns on one pbx affecting calls on another pbx, anything like that, i like to be proactive so I welcome all feedback that relates to any issues that are caused by Avaya and Cisco PBX and Avaya and Cisco phones on the same network.

Thank you!

0 Replies 0