cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting fast busy instead of annunciator message when calling disconnected numbers

When I use my CUCM to call a number that has been disconnected I get a fast busy.  We would like the system to give us the message "This number as been disconnected"  When we call from our cell phones we get a "This number has been disconnected" message.  Is there an option in CUCM to have this message play?  I have made sure that all the phones have a MRGL with an annunciator.

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you cannot, the options of announcement you can change is limited to this:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmcfg/CUCM_BK_C95ABA82_00_admin-guide-100/CUCM_BK_C95ABA82_00_admin-guide-100_chapter_0111010.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jamie,

My original post was a little wrong the message I get on my cell phone is "The number you have reached is not in service please check the number and try your call again"  Seems like I should be getting the message for "VCA_00121" but we just get a busy signal or is the "VCA_00121" message just a busy signal?

Well, what reason code does the telco gives you for the disconnect?

HTH

java

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. here is the disconnect cause I get on the SIP trunk between CUCM and my gateway.

Disconnect Cause (CC)   :  31

Disconnect Cause (SIP)  :  404

Cameron,

For 404 CUCM should normally play VCA_00121 which is:

Ann-VCA.wav—Your call cannot be completed as dialed. Please consult your directory and call again or ask your operator for assistance

as per:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmcfg/bccm-861-cm/b04announce.html

Can you get debugs from GW for this issue:

debug isdn q931

debug ccsip messages

And also paste running config.

This way we will know if there is something we can do to play CUCM announcement.

Usually we should be able to traslate disconnect cause on SIP side, but this depends on from where do we get this busy tone, as sometimes this is played by telco within early media.

Leszek

Hey Jamie,

I posted this disconnect code in my previous message are we able to get the annunciator to play a message for this code?

FYI Traditionally the Telco will give a Fast Busy 120 ipm ,also called a reorder ,when all trunks to that area are busy. Later off peak it should clear up. voip or standard voice calls should be treated the same. 

A regular Bust Signal is half the speed at 60 ipm ,1 sec intervals indicating just that 1 phone is busy or off the hook. 

Cisco Unified Communications Manager automatically provides a set of recorded annunciator announcements when you activate the Cisco IP Media Streaming Application service. No configuration exists to customize these announcements or to add new announcements.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmsys/accm-712-cm/a05ann.html

Nope, we do provide that since 9.x if I recall correctly. Look at my link.

HTH

java