cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Greeting issue in Unity connection

Yazen Alaa
Level 1
Level 1

I have unity conn ver 8 with greeting , every things working fine in the greeting except two issues:

1 ) when i press 1 for arabic or 2 english , sometimes the greeting give me " i did not regonize that as valid entry " and sometimes no , why giving me like that , Note: i searched this issue and  i found that 

Plays if the caller enters invalid digits. You cannot disable the error greeting.

The system default error recording is, "I did not recognize that as a  valid entry." By default, after the error greeting plays, Connection  replays the greeting that was playing when the caller entered the  invalid digits.

but I put a valid extention 1 or 2 , why give me this error and how to solve it ????????

2) when i hear the greeting and press 0  the call go to operator but after no body answers the call , the call ended or discoonect instead of give me " Goodbye"

Note I created call handler " goodbye " , and I put this handler in operator >edit > greeting > standard , closed , busy > after greeting call handler > good bye , but sill not going to goodbye handler but the call ended or discoonect after the operator is not answering the call or not available  , so please see the attch the file below  

how to solve this issue ????????

please your answer is very important for me

3 Replies 3

Yazen Alaa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

Any reply

please advice ASAP

thanks

Yazen Alaa
Level 1
Level 1

plz any answers ???

thnx

For both of your issues, I suggest you use the port status monitor (PSM) tool:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/PortStatusMonitorCUC7x/PortStatusMonitorCUC7x.html

This tool will show you all the interactions on the Unity Connection ports including the DTMF digits and the greeting being played. It becomes very easy to isolated the problem by merely observing the port output on PSM.

Regards,

Saurabh