cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Group Pickup Association

CSCO12093326
Level 1
Level 1

I am associating groups so that we can implement the group pick up softkey to allow users to pick up someones extension if it is ringing and no one is at that extension. However, I have 13 groups and while associating them I saw that it would only allow 10 groups to be associated with each other. Is there a way to extend the limit of groups to be associated or is 10 the limit on Cisco Call Manager.

Thank you in advance

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Christopher,

Sadly, 10 is the hard limit

Configure a list of associated groups that can be chosen from all pickup groups. The list can include up to 10 groups.

From;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmfeat/fscpickg.html#wpxref30558

Cheers!

Rob

"Celebration it's around us, every nations, all around us.
Singin' forever young, singin' songs underneath that sun" - K'naan

Thank you Rob, I will try to work my way around that even if I just have to plan times and which is most important at these times. I appreciate the immediate response.

Chris

Rob,

One quick question bud, so does that mean that if a group C is associated to group B and group A is assiciated to group C that group A could us directed pick-up for grroup B?

This is a quesiton that came from my boss, thank you for your help Rob.

Chris

Hi Chris,

You are most welcome my friend

This line comes into play for Directed call Pickup as well;

If two users belong to two different call pickup groups and the  associated groups of the users do not contain the call pickup group of  the other user, the users cannot invoke Directed Call Pickup to pick up  calls from each other.

I thought this was interesting so I just tested this out. Here's the test info

DN 7001 - Pickup Group 0010 assoc. with 0009

DN 5126 - Pickup Group 0003 assoc. with 0009

DN 8727 - Pickup Group 0009 assoc. with 0003 & 0010

Call to 5126 and tried to use Directed call Pickup from 7001 (group 0010)

and it failed. Even though 0010 is associated with 0009 and 0009 is associated to 0003

calls to members of 0003 (DN 5126) could not be picked up from members

of 0010 (DN 7001)

Cheers!

Rob

"Celebration it's around us, every nations, all around us.
Singin' forever young, singin' songs underneath that sun" - K'naan