Views
Helpful
Replies

H.323 softphone

JustForVoice_2
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I need H.323 softphone, that I can add to CUCM. I need it for lab purposes to study H.323 in more details. So please if somebody can tell me about a good H.323 softphone.

Regards,

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The old Cisco softphone was H323, perhaps you can try geting it to work, if you can find it somehere:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps1860/products_data_sheet09186a0080092436.html

You can also get an ATA and run with H.323 firmware, if all you need is analyze H.323 signaling then it does not matter what type of device you are using.

HTH,

Chris

I just found that ip blue has one, I wanted to get some of their clients for my lab and they have an H323 phone.

I still have to configure and test it but that might be an option, not sure what limitations it might have without a license.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Maxim Denisov
Level 3
Level 3

If you just want to analyze signalling you can try openphone from openh323 project. Several years ago it had terrible voice quality, looks like it had no dejitter buffer.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

JustForVoice_2
Level 4
Level 4

Thank you all and 5 points to all

I will try to test these options, I am going to download the software and I have one ATA I will try to make it as H.323 device.

regarding the integrating with CUCM, I read some posts to add these devices as H.323 client from CUCM>> Device>> Phone >> add new >> H323 client.

and others say you have to add it as H.323 GW.

Anyone try this before?

Hi,

I tried to use Cisco softphone, but no luck I am not able to run it on Windows 7. I tried to change the compatibility settings but no luck.

just to share with you.