cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

H323 gw & cucm 9.1.2

michalis1234
Level 1
Level 1
Hi, i have finished the upgrade if cucm to 9.1.2. I have 6 h323 gws 2811 with 12.4.22t ios, in the lab everything is ok. My question is can i move to production and later i can upgrade memory and ios of my routers or it is more likely to have problems with the old ios? Hense i have to firstly upgrade my gws and then move to cucm 9.1.2?
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

myquick6
Level 1
Level 1

You would not have any issue doing an upgrade if needed.  And H.323 gateways have not changed much from the 12.X version to 15.  You will not gain anything except for small bug fixes.  If you are doing h.323 to SIP then that would be one reason to move forward before going live.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

myquick6
Level 1
Level 1

You would not have any issue doing an upgrade if needed.  And H.323 gateways have not changed much from the 12.X version to 15.  You will not gain anything except for small bug fixes.  If you are doing h.323 to SIP then that would be one reason to move forward before going live.

Thanks for your answer I will proceed then with current ios and i will leave the upgrade for later.

Maybe I will replace that routers in the next years with 2900 series if i need more capacity.

Thanks anyway

hanlykent
Level 1
Level 1

I thought I would comment are share my findings:

We upgraded from CUCM 6.1.4 to 9.1.1 in March 2013.
We had 5 x H323 gateways running on both 2811 and 2900 series voice gateways.
The 2811 had 12.4 IOS and the 2900 series had 15.0 or 15.1 IOS.

We had no issues with running CUCM 9.1.1 with the existing IOS on the gateways initially, however after  6 months or so we had a few issues where CUCM could not call out the H323 gateways. After much debugging, the only way I was able to fix the issue was to reboot the subscriber.

After the second time this occured (on different gateways), I contacted Cisco TAC. 

Found out there is a compatibility matrix for Cisco IOS and CUCM versions, and the supported voice gateway IOS version was 15.2.4 M3 (I think) for CUCM 9.1.1. I upgraded/replaced all our gateways with 15.2.4 M5 and have not had any issues since.