Views
Helpful
Replies

Hardware Failure Alert with MCS

Sreeju S Kumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am receiving the below error for one of my MCS in the cluster.

the following HardwareFailure events generated: hwStringMatch - HP Insight Management Agents Trap Alarm: Accelerator Board Status Change: Slot 1. hwStringMatch - HP Insight Management Agents Trap Alarm: Status is now Enabled.

Can anyone help me to understand what this error means.

Thanks in Advance.

Sreeju

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Sreeju,

We had this exact error not too long ago with the distinction that the status

went to "disabled" as shown below;

the following HardwareFailure events  generated: hwStringMatch - HP Insight Management Agents Trap Alarm:  Accelerator Board Status Change: Slot 1. hwStringMatch - HP Insight  Management Agents Trap Alarm: Status is now Disabled.

In your case the board has moved to an "Enabled" state which is a good thing Our issue was

the batteries associated with the Accelerator Board needed to be replaced so an RMA via

Cisco TAC was required. You aren't at this stage but keep an eye on things just in case.

Cheers!

Rob

"Talk about a dream
Try to make it real" 

- Springsteen

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Sreeju,

We had this exact error not too long ago with the distinction that the status

went to "disabled" as shown below;

the following HardwareFailure events  generated: hwStringMatch - HP Insight Management Agents Trap Alarm:  Accelerator Board Status Change: Slot 1. hwStringMatch - HP Insight  Management Agents Trap Alarm: Status is now Disabled.

In your case the board has moved to an "Enabled" state which is a good thing Our issue was

the batteries associated with the Accelerator Board needed to be replaced so an RMA via

Cisco TAC was required. You aren't at this stage but keep an eye on things just in case.

Cheers!

Rob

"Talk about a dream
Try to make it real" 

- Springsteen

Thanks Rob. I will keep that in mind and will closely monitor this error