Helpful
Replies

help a dumb to set up a CP-7945G=

grml4d001
Level 1
Level 1

i took one at ldlc in france where it was in the middle of others ip-phone

my idea was to use it with a viasat modem that is for satelitte web access

by now after reading few documents : i am unable to set the ip of the phone , i have no idea how i can update the firmware [despite i know booting with a tftp server like this one : http://tftpd32.jounin.net/ ]

so i would like a little tutorial that will say how i unlock the phone web server , how i update firmware using previous tool , and an advice how to get the right version of "Unified Communications Manager" [ on a dvdrom or not , or using a torrent file ?, for free ? i already spent 300 euro : 280 for the phone plus 20 for the charger...i am absolutly not in the mood to give any more money....and i feel that phone will do some crash test on walls if it needs more buck$] 

i have no idea if that thingy can be use with my satelitte access , may be google or skype can use it ? if someone can tell how to do that would help me to spare 4$ in not buying an usb phone

7 Replies 7

grml4d001
Level 1
Level 1

i found the secret password for unlocking the phone [ despite that i can not unlock the http server and set it to online] 

when i launch : cmterm-7945_7965-sccp.9-4-2-1.exe

i have a mbox saying :  DBConnection0 registry entry not found. setup will not continue.

[i had this file with firmwares]

This file is to be used on the CCM 4.0 (windows based Callmanager server), and not on any desktop :-(

Regards

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Not sure what your real goal is, could you please redefine in other words (simpler) what exactly you would want to know about it?

Regards

when i did my post , i was very angry by the poor quality of service that comes with my $400 phone .

i mean that the phone came without any dvdrom while call manager 10.5 is a 4 Go iso...and only downloadable ....[ i mean no torrents while that is the only way to get a perfect download, i use torrent even in lan, with 700 go transfers.......Tixati is cool and good despite bugs ;']

i mean that all systeme are using a web server to do the firmware stuff while this hardware needs a tftp and does not give a lot of info to do it [ despite pdfs are having a lot of pages , most of them saying the same things with the same pictures....]

by now i made a lot of progress in only a afternoon...

i understood that i should update to sip instead of sccp [ that i already did]

and install an asterisk server..

i found some tutorials that explain all ..but feel free to give me others

the common comment they all have about cisco , sounds like people talking about the dwarves , in the hobbit 2 movie ...[ greediest ]

i hope i will not brick the phone...

Are you trying to use the phone as a SIP or SCCP phone? If SIP, then Asterisk or any other SIP based system would work fine.

If you are trying to use with CUCM (Cisco Callmanager) then you will to install and configure the server, once you have a working server, the phone would work like charm, however to be able to use across the PSTN, you would need a PSTN connection.

At the same time I may suggest look for some SIP based PSTN connection, to which you could directly connect your phone (once it has been converted to SIP)

http://www.voipvoip.com/

Is one service provider, which I think is ok to use ( i have not used it so far by myself).

Regards

grml4d001
Level 1
Level 1

i was able to create "by hand" a SEP-MAC-.cnf.xml using latest SIP firmware .

i mainly use this tutorial : http://thejimmahknows.com/getting-started-with-your-voip-network-part-1/#comment-1984 , plus a linux asterisk server .

when my phone was registered to the lan pbx , i edited config file for the 7945 to connect to ippi.com

i made a topic at server forum that says more about this : http://forum.elastix.org/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=131636&mobile=mobile

so now my phone registers and i can call it using a phone or mobile , the bug is that there is no voice or sound...

i use satellite to connect the web , with a rm4100 modem , it is connected to the firewall zyxel usg40 [192.168.1.1] .

i have a netgear gt 108 v2 [192.168.1.2] and the phone [192.168.1.13] : all at 1 Gb/s speed .

i also have a cisco wrp400 [192.168.1.4]  from the web provider connected and "phoning" well

lan network

where we can see that the 7945 does not use port 5060 , is it normal ?

plus some of the phone display

codec

network

sender bug missing

one big difference from lan pbx to the ippi.fr connection , is : the monitor that goes off with the green button on in lan ; when it is ippi.fr then display is always on...

i wonder if i should install the phone 7945 right after the modem and plug the second port in the zyxel usg40 ?

beside making the phone works , i search the "bible" for xml settings with latest sccp and sip firmware .

thank you all in advance

To natenabled OR nat_enable ....WHAT IS THE SOLUTION ?

what is the firmware ? where is the doc ?

by now it works perfect ....what a pain it was to get this result....

more help in the french topic