cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help adding Time of Day routing to a currently used Hunt Pilot setup

Michael Chase
Level 1
Level 1

I've been looking over several CSC posts and guides on this, but still can't seem to get it working.  I have a Hunt Pilot setup with line groups and everything is working great, but I now want to introduce a time schedule so outside of regular working hours it goes directly to voice mail (It is currently setup to go to the correct voice mail at the end of the hunt).  I created all the different ToD Periods, Schedules, and new Partitions.  I assigned the Hunt Pilot to the 2 new partitions, which created 2 separate hunt pilots under the same extension.   In the end, it basically just killed the line completely and it wouldn't take calls.  I'm sure I'm missing a step or two here, but most of the guides I found are particular to actual Directory Numbers and not Hunt Pilots. 

Any help would be appreciated!

3 Replies 3

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

lets assume you non-TOD huntpilot is in partition NON_TOD_PT.

all your phones have a CSS: CSS_Phones

now create 2 partitions:  PT_TOD_CLOSED  and PT_TOD_OPEN.  put the open huntpilot in the first partition and the closed huntpilot in the second partition.

add the appropriate time schedules to PT_TOD_CLOSED  and PT_TOD_OPEN

add both the PT_TOD_CLOSED  and PT_TOD_OPEN  to CSS_phones, (remove the original NON_TOP Huntpilot if nbecessay).

cheers 

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Because the theory is applicable to ANYTHING in which you can configure a DN or pattern, that's why they usually only talk about DNs.

You do not even need to create another hunt pilot, you can just assign the same DN to ANYTHING else you want, a CTI RP, a translation pattern, a route pattern, a phone, etc.

I have a video in which I explain the whole theory about ToD, might want to watch it

https://youtu.be/oj8T8i60tsY

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

mclean.danny
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have Unity in your environment? It's much easier to leverage the schedule and use a call handler to make this work. Much easier IMHO. CFA to VM with a matching extension in Unity and have the schedule do the work in Unity.