cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with CUCM query to find phones with RFC2833 disabled

Keith Abbott
Level 1
Level 1

I need help formulating a query to find all phones which have RFC2833 set to disabled. Im really not good at all with informix queries. I can see the information is in

2.3.67.84 rfc2833disabled (FI-2490)
Type:
bool
Default Value:
FALSE

but I really dont know where to go from there and I would prefer not having to go through hundreds of phones one at a time to check the setting.

The setting is causing calls to pull MTP resources from undesired places.

Can anyone lend a hand?

Thanks!

k

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Georgios Fotiadis
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Keith,

normally, older Type A Cisco IP phones (7905/7910/7940/7960) do not support RFC2833. Though, for some years now, on newer firmware versions, support for RFC2833 was added. If "RFC2833 Disabled" is checked that disabled RFC2833 for them.

So, in your case I would suggest Bulk Administration -> Phones -> Export Phones -> All Details and look into column "RFC2833 Disabled" for the 79xx phones. See if it is True for any of them. If yes, I will make it false (uncheck).

All newer phones all support RFC2833.

Also, you should also check what DMTF option if negotiated in your trunks, in case that option invokes the MTP. For example, if you have checked RFC2833 Disabled on your phone and CUCM negotiates RTP-NTE (RFC2833) on the trunk, then it will invoke MTP.

Georgios
Please rate if you find this helpful.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Georgios Fotiadis
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Keith,

normally, older Type A Cisco IP phones (7905/7910/7940/7960) do not support RFC2833. Though, for some years now, on newer firmware versions, support for RFC2833 was added. If "RFC2833 Disabled" is checked that disabled RFC2833 for them.

So, in your case I would suggest Bulk Administration -> Phones -> Export Phones -> All Details and look into column "RFC2833 Disabled" for the 79xx phones. See if it is True for any of them. If yes, I will make it false (uncheck).

All newer phones all support RFC2833.

Also, you should also check what DMTF option if negotiated in your trunks, in case that option invokes the MTP. For example, if you have checked RFC2833 Disabled on your phone and CUCM negotiates RTP-NTE (RFC2833) on the trunk, then it will invoke MTP.

Georgios
Please rate if you find this helpful.

Hi Georgio,

Thanks - that worked. A query would have been more tidy and I wouldnt have had to clean up all those extra columns but it sure beat going through a ton of phones, and I hadnt used the BAT export before so I now have that available if I need to do something similar and dont want to try to work out a query - would like to get better with those as well.

k

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: