Hold Softkey Missing

chuck47172
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Unified CM Administration
System version: 12.5.1.13900-152
Phone Load Name: sip88xx.12-8-1-0001-455

Is this a bug?
I've had this issue on release 10.5 and now on 12.5.
I have random model 8841 phones that will lose the hold and transfer softkeys while on an active call.
On release 10.5, I could reset the phone security settings to get the softkeys back.
On release 12.5, I can simply reset the phone from CUCM and get the softkeys back.
I've checked other posts and none seem to relate to my exact issue. It usually involves the user pressing a line key or other key during a call. That's not the case here.
Usually this issue affects only one phone at a time.
However, this morning it happened to 3 phones that all just happened to have the same shared Directory Number. Maybe that's related, not sure.
One other thing I should mention when talking to my customer this morning.
They said that last night, our company pushed a software update to their computers that connect thru their phones.
After they pushed the update to the computers, they forced the computers to restart to apply patches.
After the computer restart, the softkey disappeared.
I don't see how ay that could have anything to do with this issue however, it is coincidental.

1 Reply 1

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Maybe you just upgrade to the latest phone firmware, which would fix a lot of critical security issues too. At least 14.2(1).
If you open a TAC, this would probably also be his first suggestion.