cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hookflash conferencing problem!!!

jolo07310
Level 5
Level 5

We have Crestron at the conference room and are not able to make conference call.   The Crestron pluged to VG 224 (MGCP) to CUCM 7.1

http://www.crestron.com/downloads/pdf/product_manuals/tpmc-8x.pdf

It worked before we move from Nortel system to CUCM 7.1, now when the end-user press “conf” button on the Crestron screen, it ends up transfer the call instead of conferencing.

I did some research, and VG224 MGCP doesn’t support hookflash conferencing, it only does hookflash transfer.

Now we have bunch VM-8FXS/DID & VENOM FXO Voice Expansion Module (6 port), I can connect those Crestrons system to FXS port (H.323 or SIP).

I just want to know if this is doable or it is a proper way to do that to resolve this issue?  If yes, how to configure it??

Thanks so much.

Ken

3 Replies 3

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Configure the ports as SCCP and you can get tons of supplementary services, including transfer, hookflash, speed dial, conference, etc.  And your dialplan will stay on CM like it is with MGCP.  Run the latest 12.4(24)T release or higher, since they're were some SCCP FXS shared line improvements in this release.

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your respond.

However, the VG 224 has already been configured as MGCP and a lot of ports have been used as fax machines.

Can I configure one of port as SCCP and keep the rest of port as MGCP??  I doubt it.

We have totally free module (FXS and FXO) at 3825, can I use FXS and configure as H.323 or SIP to resolve the problem???

Any documentation you can provide??

Thanks

Ken

Can I configure one of port as SCCP and keep the rest of port as MGCP??  I doubt it.

Yes, you sure can.  Services are applied on a dial-peer level, which makes it specific to a granularity of the port level.

We have totally free module (FXS and FXO) at 3825, can I use FXS and configure as H.323 or SIP to resolve the problem???

For HF transfer you can use H323 or SIP, but if you want HF conferencing, and don't want to custom write a TCL script, SCCP FXS is the way to go.

Any documentation you can provide?

This should cover it:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/fxs/configuration/guide/fxsover.html