Views
Helpful
Replies

hostname & subscriber issue !!!

anis_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Question -1

Is there any way in CCM 6.X for make subscriber as publisher, without re-install it from start ???

Question - 2

I changed the hostname of CUCM 6.1 from GUI, after restart i m not able to login into system ... for make it working i tried to re-configure the hostname as it was before from CLI but i forgot the hostname ... is there any way that i get to know that what the hostname was first time ???

Regards

10 Replies 10

1 - far as I know, not is possible, you MUST reinstall the application.

2 - you have a big problem, try on CLI, change the hostname to IP ADDRESS of CCM.

Peterson

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Anis,

You might try;

show tech network hosts

to identify the "original" hostname.

Cheers!
Rob

Plus, always document...i know...its not what we are built to do but in the long run believe me it helps......As a rule now, before you go into anything always try and document....Things go wrong (Murphy), especially with mission critical systems like IPT.

In going back to your original post:

NO, you cannot make a Subscriber the Publisher in a cluster.

Secondly, my friend Rob gave you what you need to know which is "show tech network hosts" from CLI.  The reason you can't login to the server is because to change the hostname, you need to not only change the it in the OS administration but also check hostname via CLI and then restart replication within the cluster.  A lot of people take this task lightly but, as you've found, it's not.  It can be done without encountering issues as long as you plan the procedures in advance.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

anis_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi David,

I changed the hostname from server option at CM Administration & after that i was not able to login in CM Administration page ... so you mean to say that if i changed the hostname from server option then i must have to change from OS Administration as well as from CLI ????

can you please tell me the proper steps ??

Thnx for all of you guys for your reply & time ...

Regards

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Anis,

***Note Prior to Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 6.1(2), you cannot change the host name of either the publisher node or subscriber node after it is installed. If you must apply a new host name to a server, you can delete the server from Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration (System > Server) and then reinstall the server with a new host name.

Changing the IP Address and Host Name for Cisco Unified Communications Manager 5.x and 6.x Servers

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/6_1_2/ipchange/ipchg612.html

Hope this helps!
Rob

Please support CSC Helps Haiti

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8727

Got it ...

Thanx Rob

Rob, you should change your name to "The Quickness".

Anis,  I corrected my earlier entry as well as I mistyped what I intended to say.  You change the name via OS administration on the Subscriber but once you do that, you still need to complete CLI tasks which you'll see in the procedures Rob sent you.  The one most folks overlook or don't know about is resetting replication for the cluster.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Hailey,

If you saw my typing skills (or lack thereof) you would know that

I'll never be referred to as "The Quickness" I always regret that

I flunked Typing-10 in High School..."who's ever going to use this"

I thought. Now I suffer every day with my baboon-like typing (no offense

to baboons intended) !!

Read many of your Blogs on the weekend in the middle of an upgrade

and they were awesome my friend! +5 for all your contributions here and

@ CNC

Cheers!

Rob

Please support CSC Helps Haiti

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8895

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8727

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Haha. I know a couple of folks with those typing skills too though I suspect you're quicker than you'd admit. Humility is a virtue (if it's not, it is now). Thx for checking out the UC blogs that Bill and I have been doing at CNC. I'd like to catch up on the posts but Bill is, I suspect, at least partially (if not all) superhuman and always churning out great content. As an FYI, I always spot you a 5 as well when I come across your responses in threads (many of which we're in on together).

If you go to Cisco Live (Networkers) this year, come by the NetCraftsmen booth and say hey.

Hailey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: