cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How Do I Use ATA 186 SIP Firmware with Call Manager 7?

leymane123
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to use the Cisco ATA 186 as a SIP device with Cisco  Call Manager 7. However, I have found that the SIP firmware for the  Cisco ATA 186 is unsupported by Call Manager 7.

Therefore, In order to use the ATA as a SIP device with the Call Manager, I believe I will need to do the following

1. Disable the TFTP option within the ATA, so that the SIP firmware is not overwritten by firmware from the TFTP server.

2. Install the 3.2.1 SIP firmware on the ATA, since the ATA is currently running the 3.2.4 SCCP firmware.

3. Register the ATA, as a third-party SIP device, with the Call Manager .

Are there any other steps I am missing?

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Eli

Why would you want to deliberately run the ATA in a mode you have read is unsupported?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron,

The setup that I want to configure is a prototype. If the prototype works, I will use a compatible ATA for the final product.

I unintentionally chose an incompatible ATA for the prototype, and now I am stuck trying to get it work....

Hi

I'm not sure what you are prototyping but it would seem to make sense to test it with equipment that should work - you're just creating work for yourself otherwise, not to mention creating a test scenario that doesn't reflect a real world environment...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!