Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to allow a DN to dial only internal extensions

Hi,

We have all the phones registered to the Call manager. We need one of the phones to dial only internal extensions. If I use the existing CSS, it allows internal and external calls. I have tried to create a partition, assign the Calling search space and still its not working. Do I need to create a route pattern for the internal calls also? Currently there is not route pattern assigned in this partition.

2 Replies 2

fayiz husain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sajin,

Follow these steps:

1) Create another route pattern for all external calls and select the 'Block this pattern' radio button

2) Create a new partition, assign it to the above route pattern

3) create a CSS, add the above partition to it

4) Assign the above CSS in the line page of the phone (Now, all the external calls from that phone will be blocked.)

5) Assign the 'CSS which have the partition of internal extensions' in the device page of the phone (This allows all the internal calls)

HTH

Please rate all useful comments

Fayiz

The trick is to only allow the users to dial the amount of digits for an internal extension and that is it. Without seeing what you have in your dial plan already, you can use a translation pattern of, for example

1) if you only use 4 digit extensions, us a pattern [1-9]XXX.  place it in partion called internal_only

2) Create a CSS to assign to phones and in the css called internal_only include the partition internal_only.

3) Assign that CSS to the phone

4) in the translation pattern assign a normal CSS or create a new one and put all partitions you want user to be able to dial. Either way the translation will only allow 4 digits. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: