cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Block incomming calls on CUCM based on ANI (using MGCP)?

Hi all,

Anybody knows How to Block incoming calls on CUCM based on ANI (using MGCP)?

Any help will be really appreciated.

Regards,

5 Replies 5

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is presently no native feature in CUCM that allows blocking calls based on ANI. For customers that have this requirement we typically reconfigure (or configure) gateways to use H.323 and voice translation profiles. I have heard of others leverage CTI applications (such as UCCX) to do this as well. This method poses scalability challenges and would not work in every situation.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

If ou have main number and all calls must be rerouted  to one point ( Unity AA or Live operator )

you can reroute all incoming calls to Unity - and there , by using CAll Routing -> Forwardeed Calls  filter calls by ANI and send to dummy call handler for calls with BAD ANI and rooute all other calls  to regular Call Handler ( AA  or Operator )

sohail.imtiaz
Level 1
Level 1

Add a new 'Translation Pattern' with the number that you want to block and select 'Route Option' "Block this Pattern" and select Call Rejected.

I hope this helps.

Few other things might need to be considered depending on your environment but the above is a straight block on the number in the TP.

Good luck,

Best Regards,

Sohail

Hi,

This will block the called number (DNIS)

not the calling number (ANI)

HTH

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Yes, it will block DNIS i.e. dialed number

Thanks Alex

Rgds