Views
Helpful
Replies

How to cofigure Cisco IP hard phone in remote site over VPN

nyein chan tun
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all experts,

I configure site to site vpn and currently soft phone can work from remote site to connect main site CME. But Hard phone still cannot work.

This is basic network plan.

Main Site                                                                                   Branch  Site

CME >>10.2.2.0/24 (data) >>> ASA >> Router >>>  INTERNET <<<    Router <<10.30.3.0/24< L3 Switch <<< pc & hard phone

| |

| |

172.16.1.0/24 ( voice )

Site to site VPN is ASA to Router , and  can access data network from branch site and also work soft phone.  But for hard phone, can't give same subnet & IP as voice network .

So I would like to know that

1) can I configure manual static IP to hard phone with different IP ? do I need to create voice vlan in branch site ?

2) Can I configure Hard phone to get DHCP address from CME cross over VPN and how to configure it ? If I configure ip helper-address (point to CME )  on branch router, Soft phone cannot work.

Please advise me possible solutions to resolve this problem.

Thanks,

Chan

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

kking2008
Level 1
Level 1

multiple options

1. configure dhcp scope with option 150 parameter at remote site.  Hand out remote IP address but still point option 150 to the ip address of the CME.

2. use DHCP at remote site to get ip address, but manually configure TFP server on phone to the CME address.

3. Manually configure IP address, mask, gateway, and tftp server on phone to correct settings for remote site vlan, but point TFTP at CME address.

View solution in original post

in IOS config you could do this for both PC's and phones

ip dhcp pool PCandPhones

network 10.30.3.0 /24

default-router 10.30.3.?     (input your router address here)

option 150 ip 10.1.1.10     (ip address of your CUCM server publisher or TFTP server primary)

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

kking2008
Level 1
Level 1

multiple options

1. configure dhcp scope with option 150 parameter at remote site.  Hand out remote IP address but still point option 150 to the ip address of the CME.

2. use DHCP at remote site to get ip address, but manually configure TFP server on phone to the CME address.

3. Manually configure IP address, mask, gateway, and tftp server on phone to correct settings for remote site vlan, but point TFTP at CME address.

Thanks KKing,

Can you show me with dhcp configuration example ? In remote site, I used 10.30.3.0/24 for pc and  PC are used static IP, so can I use dhcp scope with 10.30.3.0/24 for ip phone ? 

Thanks alot.

Chan

in IOS config you could do this for both PC's and phones

ip dhcp pool PCandPhones

network 10.30.3.0 /24

default-router 10.30.3.?     (input your router address here)

option 150 ip 10.1.1.10     (ip address of your CUCM server publisher or TFTP server primary)

Thank you so much KKing !

I got it now .

I can call from Main site  to hard phone at remote site . I configure dhcp pool in L3 switch at remote site reference by ur guide line.

Thanks million KKing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: