Replies

How to configure call pick group with SCCP and SIP

karbissa_2012
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, Engineers!!

I would like a help.

Actualy I have a CME release 9.

I configured an IP Phone 9971 such as SIP and the same environment I have anothers phone such as SCCP.

I would like to know if I can configure a call pick group that I can use for both protocols and how to configure, if it is possible.                 

2 Replies 2

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

Call Pickup

Call Pickup allows a phone user to answer a  call that is ringing on another phone. Cisco Unified CME 7.1 introduces  Call Pickup features for SIP phones. SCCP and SIP phones support three  types of Call Pickup:

Directed  Call Pickup—Call pickup, explicit ringing extension. Any local phone  user can pick up a ringing call on another phone by pressing a soft key  and then dialing the extension. A phone user does not need to belong to a  pickup group to use this method. The soft key that the user presses,  either GPickUp or PickUp, depends on your configuration.

Group  Pickup, Different Group—Call pickup, explicit group ringing extension. A  phone user can answer a ringing phone in any pickup group by pressing  the GPickUp soft key and then dialing the pickup group number. If there  is only one pickup group defined in the Cisco Unified CME system, the  phone user can pick up the call simply by pressing the GPickUp soft key.  A phone user does not need to belong to a pickup group to use this  method.

Local  Group Pickup—Call pickup, local group ringing extension. A phone user  can pick up a ringing call on another phone by pressing a soft key and  then the asterisk (*) if both phones are in the same pickup group. The  soft key that the user presses, either GPickUp or PickUp, depends on  your configuration.

The specific soft keys used to access different  Call Pickup features on SCCP and SIP phones depends on the  configuration in Cisco Unified CME. See the service directed-pickup command in Cisco Unified CME Command Reference for a description.

You can assign each directory number to only  one pickup group and a directory number must have a pickup group  configured to use Local Group Pickup. There is no limit to the number of  directory numbers that can be assigned to a single pickup group, or to  the number of pickup groups that can be defined in a Cisco Unified CME  system.

If more than one call is ringing on the same  number, the calls are picked up in the order in which they were  received; the call that has been ringing the longest is the first call  picked up from that extension number. Remote call pickup is not  supported.

Call Pickup features are enabled globally for  all phones through Cisco Unified CME. The PickUp and GpickUp soft keys  display on supported SCCP and SIP phones by default and can be modified  by using a phone template. For configuration information, see the "Enabling Call Pickup" section.

Figure 41 shows four call-pickup scenarios.

Figure 41 Call Pickup

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeadm/cmecover.html#wp1092675

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Tks so much engineer.. I´ll apply this configs then I let you know ...