cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure hardware-based/software-based conference?

kevinshkong11
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ALL,

I am a newbie to voice setup.

I just wonder how to justify Cisco CME whether is suitable to use hardware-based or software based conference.

DNBMY_CME#sh ver
Cisco IOS Software, C2900 Software (C2900-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.3(3)M, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 1986-2013 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Mon 22-Jul-13 01:35 by prod_rel_team

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 15.0(1r)M16, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

DNBMY_CME#sh inv
NAME: "CISCO2911/K9", DESCR: "CISCO2911/K9 chassis, Hw Serial#: FGL1806119W, Hw Revision: 1.0"
PID: CISCO2911/K9      , VID: V07 , SN: FGL1827119W

NAME: "VWIC3-1MFT-T1/E1 - 1-Port RJ-48 Multiflex Trunk - T1/E1 on Slot 0 SubSlot 0", DESCR: "VWIC3-1MFT-T1/E1 - 1-Port RJ-48 Multiflex Trunk - T1/E1"
PID: VWIC3-1MFT-T1/E1  , VID: V01 , SN: FOC182770CY

NAME: "3rd generation two port FXS DID voice interface daughtercard on Slot 0 SubSlot 1", DESCR: "3rd generation two port FXS DID voice interface daughtercard"
PID: VIC3-2FXS/DID     , VID: V03 , SN: FOC1827659B

NAME: "PVDM3 DSP DIMM with 16 Channels on Slot 0 SubSlot 4", DESCR: "PVDM3 DSP DIMM with 16 Channels"
PID: PVDM3-16          , VID: V01 , SN: FOC18275UJV

NAME: "Internal Services Module with Services Ready Engine on Slot 0", DESCR: "Internal Services Module with Services Ready Engine"
PID: ISM-SRE-300-K9    , VID: V02 , SN: FOC17808482

NAME: "C2911 AC Power Supply", DESCR: "C2911 AC Power Supply"
PID: PWR-2911-AC       , VID: V05 , SN: DCA1781R083

I had tried to configure hardware-based conference but the number of sessions is zero.

DNBMY_CME(config-dspfarm-profile)#maximum sessions ?
  <0-0>  Number of sessions assigned to this profile

DNBMY_CME(config-dspfarm-profile)#maximum sessions 

Kindly help.

Thank you

6 Replies 6

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You have a 16 channel PVDM, likely all channels will be allocated to your T1/E1 card so you have no DSP resource available to assign to this profile, hence the 0-0 possible input range on the command you are looking at.

Typically on CME all phones are on the local subnet using G711 and conferencing can be done in software. Configure it as described here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeadm/cmeconf.html#pgfId-1010534

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

I just need to configure keep conference for each ephone to make it work.

If go for hardware-based, I have to changed the timeslots 1-10, so it will allocate 5 channels for DSP resources.

Just wonder why timeslots 15 is missing.

controller E1 0/0/0
 pri-group timeslots 1-14,16

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you

Hi

Just 'max-conferences' under telephony-service should be all you need. Forget hardware based, unless you have a reason to need it. 

If you reduce the timeslots you lose call capacity, or may turn off  the channels that the SP is sending calls in on.

16 is the control timeslot, so that's always there. Whoever configured your router has put in 'pri-group timeslots 1-14', probably either because you have 14 channels or that was all the DSP resource available.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi 

I configured the max-conferences 8 gain -6 in telephony service.

As I know, the software-based is limited to 3 participants.

So if go for hardware-based, what should I do to achieve it?

Thank you.

Can you post your current config?

Please find the attached