Views
Helpful
Replies

How to connect mic TTC5-06 to PC?

JonasBirkelof
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

If this post is in the wrong category any mod is welcom to move it to the correct one!

We have recently got a SX20 system to our conference room and along with it came a table microphone Tandberg TTC5-06. It is very good and we would like to connect it to a PC to use it with i.e. Skype but it's not possible as it is now. The mic is fed with 12V DC and the 3,5 mm plug har four poles. A can build an adaptor box with power supply to feed the mic but I don't know which pole that is ground, power, signal and pulse for the mute button.

Does anyone here know or is there a datasheet for the mic? Is there other ways to solve this problem?

Thanks!

Jonas

3 Replies 3

Enrico Conedera
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jonas - you can find the pinouts for that microphone in the C20 Admin Guide.

However, building an adapter to go into a PC may prove challenging for these reasons:

The nominal output of the mic is -35dB

The signal is balanced audio

The mute button does not mute the mic itself - instead the signal on that conductor tells the codec to enable mute.

regards/

/enrico

Thanks for your answer! I looked in the SX20 admin guide and it said nothing about the pinout... Luckily, the C20 did!

I tested with a 4 pin-4 pin cable to try to see how the jack works. This is how I got it:

Shield: mute or signal

Ring 2: +12V

Ring 1: mute or signal

Tip: ground

But in the C20 admin guide it sais:

Shield: ground

Ring 2: microphone control

Ring 1: audio cold

Tip: audio hot

And this surprises me... How is the 12 V fed? Via audio hot or cold? I assume that mic. ctrl. handles a pulse for the mute button? I don't need to use this function with the computer so it doesn't matter if it doesn't work. Does this mean that I can use a 3-pin 3,5 mm jack to plug in the mic? In that case, the mute button will be grounded.

admin11111
Level 4
Level 4

The Audio is balanced input like you have in professional Audio Equipment so you will need to get Balanced Audio to Unbalanced Audio Converter and wire it up your self   hxxp://www.rdlnet.com/product.php?page=504

Shield to ground

Ring 2 do not connect

Ring 1 to Input -

Tip to Input +

then take the output to your PC via two RCA to 3.5mm Audio Jack

as to the power it's provided via the Balanced Input + and - as it's done with profecional balanced output microphones