cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO PSTN Connection

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

I have got a PSTN connection terminated to my FXO ports in the router. The PSTN number is +9105222621410. What calling party transformations shall I do in order to route my internal calls to the PSTN carriers?

---

Posted by WebUser Vikas Mishra from Cisco Support Community App

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You will need to configure "PLAR" on the FXO voice to point to the extension, you can only use 1 destination per port.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

With FXO you cannot changed calling number (caller ID), what are you looking to do?

Are you looking to have the line available for outbound dialing or how to send calls arriving on this line to a specific extension?

What system is this connected to, i.e. CME or CUCM?

Chris

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

Thanks Chris. I was expecting the same answer. So, it means when someone from internal extension dials say 4000 dials 05222621439 , the called party will see the calling no as 05222621410 (my pstn no.) . But how will the calling party reach my internal extensions say 4001,4002, 4003. I am using CME.

---

You will need to configure "PLAR" on the FXO voice to point to the extension, you can only use 1 destination per port.

HTH,

Chris

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

Thanks Chris for the useful information. But we can manipulate calling party transformations in ISDN PRI connections. I have a PRI connection.(+9105222200081) . If my manipulate it to +9105222204001 so that if the called party calls back, it can reach to 4001 ext. with the help of Called party transformation. Will PSTN carrier allow +9105222204001 or when the outsider dial it, he/she gets the response "Dialed no. doesn't exist." ?

---

I am confused as your original question was about FXO and thus answered as such, are you now asking about different scenario (PRI)?

Chris

This depends, most carriers these days allow you to send any ANI you want, however some do perform ANI screening where they only allow to send ANI of a DID that is tied to the trunk.  You will have to test, and if you see they block it you can ask the carrier to see if they can remove ANI screening.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

Yes, please don't mind. There is something that is common in both .i e PSTN. I just want to know how the PSTN reacts if Calling party transformations are done arbitrarily.

---

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: