Views
Helpful
Replies

How to deploy Wallpaper Image to all phones: 8865 and 8841

moe2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello 

I have CUCM  11.5 version and phones models 8841 and 8865. I have uploaded custom wallpaper successfully. I am able to view and set the background. I am struggling with how to deploy it to all phones automated to be displayed on all phones.  

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

>From Common Phone Profile, set the Background Image as the name of your
wallpaper

View solution in original post

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

check this post mate:  

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony/changing-background-image-on-all-phones-over-common-phone/td-p/2449019

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Okay Sorry took me too long to reply after I found the solution. Here is what happened and how I found the solution. I did exact steps as mentioned above. However, Images did not load even reset and apply config. When I went to each phone's profile and pressed on apply config from each phone profile the images loaded which is strange. Therefore, here is that just to make it clear to others if they wonder how I did it using 8841 and 8865 phones. 

Thank you again !!

// Moe

5 Replies 5

>From Common Phone Profile, set the Background Image as the name of your
wallpaper

Okay Sorry took me too long to reply after I found the solution. Here is what happened and how I found the solution. I did exact steps as mentioned above. However, Images did not load even reset and apply config. When I went to each phone's profile and pressed on apply config from each phone profile the images loaded which is strange. Therefore, here is that just to make it clear to others if they wonder how I did it using 8841 and 8865 phones. 

Thank you again !!

// Moe

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

check this post mate:  

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony/changing-background-image-on-all-phones-over-common-phone/td-p/2449019

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

I have read this post couple days ago. It does not help me. I know that CUCM has option to change it by Common phone profile for 89XX and 99XX. I have tried this option did not work for 8841 and 8865. and I also read this doc http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Endpoints_FAQ#How_can_I_bulk_change_the_background_image_for_all_my_endpoints.3F.3F It did not help. All got is you must have a 3rd party script to do it which does not make sense to me. There should be away to do it with out third part software. In addition, I worry about using third part software because of security reasons I do not know if I trust it. I found IP Phone Commute app and it is free but I do not know if it supports my phones models or not. There is no way to do it using CUCM !!!!!

Hi Moe2,

Sorry your having issues, it can be confusing.

It can be done from CUCM, several ways.

1) Force an image on a phone, but disables ability to change it again (kinda) - No thumbnail needed.

Create the image correctly for an 8800 series phone.  Image should be 800x480x24.png.

Login into CUCM OS Admin and Upload png to the correct folder on TFTP for 8800 which is  Desktops/800x480x24.

Login to CUCM Serviceability, and restart the TFTP service.

Login to CUCM Administration, create a new Common Phone Profile - turn OFF the Check box for Enable End User Access to Phone Background Image Setting.   Save Example: CPP_Lock_Wallpaper

a) hardcode the full png filename into the new Common Phone Profile in the Background Image Field, click chkbox for this field.

or

b) Save CPP with just the checkbox disabled.

Edit Phone in Device, change phone to new CPP above. 

Here's what you missing, go into CUCM, and Bulk Automate the CPP change using the phones Query Option.  Pick your phones, change the CPP with Option A above, and joila.

if Option a) Apply, and phone should now have wallpaper set in background field.

if Option b) add the png file you require for that specific phone, apply, and phone should now have that wallpaper set.

Option c) once the wallpaper is set, you can then change the CPP back to previous setting, allowing the user to edit again, however the hard coded image remains till changed, even on reboots.

2) Add wallpaper to the List.xml file, allowing the users the option to choose their wallpaper from the list. - Requires thumbnail.

Same steps as above, but upload both the image and another Thumbnail image.  Example:  logo.png   and   logo_tn.png

Thumbnail for 8800 series should be 139x109x24 and uploaded to the same Desktops Folder on TFTP.

Hint: Download existing List.xml, and edit. http://CUCM_IP_ADDR:6970/800x480x24/List.xml

Create a custom List.xml file, and upload the new one to the same Desktops Folder above with your logo.png added.

Example: <ImageItem Image="TFTP:Desktops/800x480x24/logo.png" URL="TFTP:Desktops/800x480x24/logo_tn.png"/>

Reset TFTP service.

Go into Wallpaper settings on phone, and select new Thumbnail.

I have an excel macro to help generate List.xml, if needed, msg me.

Hope this helps,

Joe

CUCM, Gotta Love It !