Views
Helpful
Replies

How to disable Matching Caller ID with Remote Destination for one user

hhbalfour
Level 1
Level 1

Hello:

We have one user that would like his cell phone number instead of his IP phone extension to display on caller ID when he calls from his cell/remote destination. Is this possible with a translation or transformation pattern in CUCM? We are currently on 8.6.1.20000-1.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I suppose you can make his remote destination something that does not match his actual mobile number and then route the outbound mobile connect call through a translation or route pattern that translates it to his real number, this way when he calls another user's DID from his cell phone no remote destination will be matched and hence his cell number will be displayed.

Alternative I suppose you might be able to route the incoming call via a calling transformation pattern after the call hits ingress GW.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I suppose you can make his remote destination something that does not match his actual mobile number and then route the outbound mobile connect call through a translation or route pattern that translates it to his real number, this way when he calls another user's DID from his cell phone no remote destination will be matched and hence his cell number will be displayed.

Alternative I suppose you might be able to route the incoming call via a calling transformation pattern after the call hits ingress GW.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks for the assist. Outbound translation pattern did the trick. I created an off cluster dummy number as a remote destination number and used a translation back to the real mobile number. As you described, the inbound call from the mobile device does not match the remote destination and displays actual mobile number on the called phone.

I appreciate the help!