cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to export ssl certificate/private key pair from UC applications. UC application load balancing

Oleh Doroshenko
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, guys.

Sorry if this topic is a duplicate, but I really haven't found clear solution for my question.

I want to setup load balancing to UC application pairs. Including CUIC, CUCM, Finesse, CUP, CUC.

I have set Haproxy solution with pass-through mode. It works fine but I need to accept server ssl certificate every new session.

To avoid this I think I have to implement SSL termination on my load balancer. To do that I believe I have to import certificates/private key pairs to load balancer.

I have found the way to export certificate from Cisco Unified OS Administration > Security > Certificate management, but how can I get a private key? Is it possible without breaking the OS?

Maybe you can suggest other possible ways to implement load balancing and reliability between these applications.

Any help appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, the private key cannot be exported from the server, without root access, or breaking into the OS as you mention, which would turn your system into not supported.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate