cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Engineer

isaaco001
Level 3
Level 3

I am configuring CUCME and CUE on a 2951 router for a customer. I have 7945 and 7821 running on sip. The IP phones can call each other and other features seem to work fine. However, the voicemail settings on CUE or CUCME could have an issue. I can  reach voice mail on extension 199 but can’t retrieve messages from voice mail when prompted to select options on dial buttons. Please help. Attached are my configs.

9 Replies 9

Deepak Mehta
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you try by adding maximum sessions under dial-peer 1 for voicemail.

Hi,i configured maximum-sessions under dial-peer 1 for voicemail but i still when i press the buttons nothing happens,this is implementation for site 2 but same issue.Please find the attached files below.Thanks.

Thanks for your response.sorry i didnt upload the updated file but i have just done that.should the dial-peer to voice-mail be enough for interaction btw cue and cucme?

OK looks better now:).

you can try adding dtmf -relay type in CUE.( I believe SIP-notify in this case).

config t

ccn subsystem sip

dtmf-relay sip-notify

I believe when you press buttons nothing happens ?

Yes,when the buttons are pressed nothing happens.I am configuring another voice router for site 2 and still having the same problem even after configuring 'dtmf-relay sip-notify' under ccn subsystem sip.Attached are configs with dtmf-relay sip-notify configured.Thanks.

Please run below debugs during the failure scenerio.thanks

Ccme# debug ephone detail
 Ccme# debug ccsip messages and debug voip rtp session named-event

Hi,configuring dtmf-relay rtp-nte in ccn subsystem sip,voice register pool and dial-peer instead of dtmf-relay sip-notify did the trick.Thanks for your help.

Good job.

So in this case it looks like phone was sending RTP NTE only.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: