Views
Helpful
Replies

How to get rid of wait While I transfer your call ? in cisco unity 10.X

Sam Nk
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Can some one walk me through steps in order to how to disable the" How to get rid of wait While I transfer your call ? in cisco unity 10.X" We have a basic IVR - created with DN/CTI RP> Unity> Frw Route rule>Call Handler> Caller inputs> "Wait while I transfer the call " >>> We would like to remove this cisco default message , Please help

Sam..

4 Replies 4

Go to Call handler >> Edit transfer rules >> Uncheck ""Play the "Wait While I Transfer Your Call" Prompt "".
By default, Cisco Unity Connection plays the "Wait while I transfer your call" prompt when it transfers a call to an extension.

HTH
Regards
Abhay

Kindly rate all helpful posts !!!
Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle

Dear Sir, I could see the option is grade out in my case.. so I cant uncheck it

When transferring the call via System Call Handler -> Caller input -> Transfer to Alternate Contact number, the user can hear "Wait While I Transfer Your Call" and there is no option to disable it.
Find the below bug link helpful and follow the workaround
https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuy17961

Workaround:
Send the call to another Call Handler using transfer option and disable the prompt on transfer rules there. This can be done as follow:
-create a new Call Handler, without extension, e.g. Call Handler CH-Test-1
-on the Call Handler CH-Test-1 go to Edit > Transfer Rules > Alternate
-set the Alternate Transfer Rule to Enabled With No End Date and Time, set the Transfer Calls To Extension (provide Extension in CUCM you wish to transfer call to) and uncheck the Play the Wait While I Transfer Your call Prompt option
-next, go to the original Call Handler, then go to Edit > Caller Input > select the digit under which the action for transfer
-under Caller Input for a digit select Action : Call Handler, select CH-Test-1 from the drop down list and select option Attempt Transfer

PS :- This bug is still in open status.

HTH
Regards
Abhay

Kindly rate all helpful posts !!!
Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Whether the message is played or not, does NOT depend on the element that is doing the transfer, but on the user/call handler to which you're transferring.

So, if you're using caller input, go to the target of your caller input, and disable the option there.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate