Views
Helpful
Replies

How to initiate a quick meeting in MeetingPlace

skirk1983
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

At the moment I have disabled reservationless meetings in our MP 8.5.2.8 server. I would like to add the possbility for create a meeting on the phone and not book a meeting throgh Outlook as we do today. If I enable reservationless meetings,, we can initiate quick meetings by hitting 2 when calling MP, but that have a side effect when scheduling a meeting in Outlook. Now users can choose reservationless if they want to use thier local number as meeting id. The problem with this is that the meeting organizer have to start the meeting in the phone menu, but I don't whant that.

So can we have disabled reservationless meetings, but open up for a quick schedule meeting feature through the phone menu?

Advices is much appreciated.

Thanks

Kristian

6 Replies 6

skirk1983
Level 1
Level 1

In other words, how do I configure MP, so we can schedule meeintgs in the phone menu? Is it reservationless meetings that have to be enabled?

HI,

You can use the Ad-Hoc Conferencing for Cisco Unified MeetingPlace.

You can check the configuration from the below link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/meetingplace/8_5/english/administration/adhoc_config.html

HTH!!

Thanks Saurabh

I will look at Ad-Hoc coferencing. But How do a user initate a Ad-Hoc conference meeting? in phone menu? what do they have to press? and will users still be able to schedule a meeting through Outlook MP module?

I can't find any documentation about the usage?

Thanks

Kristian

But is it correct understand by me, that AD-Hoc conference is initiated by Meet-Me in CUCM via a IP phone but the conference is moved to MeetingPlace server?

I need a way so users can activate a conference meeting when they are not in the office.

slakhanp
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

Below is the snippet from an old doc.

You can find the doc from the below link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008009476a.shtml#adhoc

How the Meet-Me Number is Used

In order to use the Meet-Me feature, go off-hook and press the Meet-Me button from your phone. Press the More softkey once in order to reach this Meet-Me. After you press the Meet-Me button, dial the conference number that you want to join. Everyone who dials the same Meet-Me number joins the conference together.

For example, some people decide to have a conference call at 17:00 hours and decide to use the conference number 1111 for the next thirty minutes. At 17:00, all the people who need to join this conference dial the Meet-Me number 1111. No one has to wait in order to be added to the conference. Also, when anyone drops out of the conference, the conference bridge still stays up.

How Ad Hoc Conference is Used

Unlike the Meet-Me conference, the ad hoc conference is started by an initiator and only the initiator of the conference can add people into the conference.

Initiate an Ad Hoc Conference Bridge

There are two methods to use in order to initiate ad hoc conferences:

• Put a call on hold, dial another participant, and conference additional participants.

• Join established calls by using the Select and Join softkeys.

Yes but I want users to be able to initiate a conference from outside the office. Just through phone menu.

And I can't see why to set up Meeting Place with Meet-Me as ad hoc conference. What do I get out if that? I could just use Meet-Me on CUCM then?

Well I guess I don't get the point of connecting Ad-Hoc conferencing from MP to CUCM hmm.