cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to register SPA504 phones as SIP

ankit.chauhan7
Level 1
Level 1

How to register SPA504 phones as SIP on CUCM, also can anyone please confirm how many license do I have per unit?. How to gain licensing as well!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It would take Enhanced License

Enhanced Enhanced User Connect License - supports one device, including all Basic devices, plus advanced (voice and video) call control features including desktop and mobile clients. (For example: Cisco 3911, Cisco 3951, Cisco 6941, Cisco 6945, Cisco 6961, Cisco 79xx, Cisco 89xx, Cisco 99xx, Cisco E20, Cisco TelePresence EX60, Cisco TelePresence EX90, third party SIP)

for detail check below

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100_chapter_0100101.html

JB

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Thanks for the reply, can you please confirm the licensing part as well. As I am a working professional and wanted to install the phones and register on CUCM. So in this case, what is with Licensing ?

what CUCM version are you running.

JB

System version is 10.5.2.12901-1

It would take Enhanced License

Enhanced Enhanced User Connect License - supports one device, including all Basic devices, plus advanced (voice and video) call control features including desktop and mobile clients. (For example: Cisco 3911, Cisco 3951, Cisco 6941, Cisco 6945, Cisco 6961, Cisco 79xx, Cisco 89xx, Cisco 99xx, Cisco E20, Cisco TelePresence EX60, Cisco TelePresence EX90, third party SIP)

for detail check below

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100_chapter_0100101.html

JB

Thanks a ton Jitender, I would need to work on the info shared by you. Is there anything specific to SPA phone which I should keep in mind while configuring them as 3rd party on CUCM ?

With troubleshooting i have see using the Username as the primary extension of the phone which helps in registration.

JB

Will make sure of this thing, thanks again!!!

I customized steps for one of my customer they might help.

1. Use UserID same as DN for example 614XXXXXXX
2. Control the device: MACXXXXXXXXXX from End User configuration page for User: 614XXXXXXX.
3. Associate the primary line: 614XXXXXXX to End User: 614XXXXXXX
4. Make sure to have a "SIP Profile" on the phone configuration page on CUCM
5. Configure the Phone Security Profile. To use digest authentication, you must configure a new phone security profile. If you use one of the standard, nonsecure SIP profiles that are provided for auto-registration, you cannot enable digest authentication.
6. In the Digest User field of the Phone Configuration window, choose the end user: 614XXXXXXX
7. Reset the third-party soft-phone.

JB