Views
Helpful
Replies

How to use Codec G.729 for Inter-Cluster Trunk Over WAN

tanan.ead1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I have problem for WAN Link Capacity Nearly Full when use default codec G.711 on Inter-Cluster Trunk, So how can i change this to G.729

Thanks,

4 Replies 4

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The region settings between Ip phone and Intercluster trunk on both sides should be set to g729. 

Manish

Hi,

Suggest to look at QoS configuration as well especially, compressed RTP which can help to reduce the bandwidth consumption

what's command i have to config this ?

Mishkin
Level 1
Level 1

As Manish said, you should establish an specific relationship between the IP Phone's and the Intercluster Trunk regions.

The Intercluster Trunk takes the region config from the Device Pool, so you can create a New Region called for example ICT_REG, and force the relationship between Phones_REG and ICT_REG to use a "Max Audio bit Rate" of 8 kbps (G.729).

Now, you could create a new Device Pool with the parameters you want and the region you have created previously and finally associate the DP to the Trunk and reset it.

In addition to this if you don't want that the whole link will be consumed by VoIP (in case it is used by Data too) you can implement Call Admission Control (CAC) with a specific relationship between phones Location and ICT Location, in order to use for example just 512 kbps.

I hope it helps.