Views
Helpful
Replies

HSRP / SIP binding on 4451

Mingran Guan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have two 2951 CUBEs running IOS 154-3.M2.

On both routers I use dial-peer binding with G0/2 to communicate with internal PBX. Because the PBX cannot do auto failover when the primary router fail, I configured HSRP on G0/2, providing single virtual IP for the PBX to send calls to.

Please note this is not CUBE HA. This is just HSRP with SIP dial-peer binding.

It works fine since I can see both CUBEs are listening on the HSRP virtual IP and response SIP messages with HSRP virtual IP as source. 

Option Ping works as well. I can see the dial-peer is active on primary CUBE, and is busyout on secondary CUBE. 

If shut down primary CUBE, the the HSRP and that dial-peer on secondary router will become active automatically after couple of seconds.

Here the problem comes.

As business requires higher call per second, I upgraded the primary 2951 to 4451 (Running 154-3.S4).

With exactly  same configure, the dial-peer on 4451 never become active. If disable the option ping on that dial-peer,  call can be established outbound from PBX, but not inbound. Even with established outbound call, I got one way voice.

Looking into the SIP messages, I can see the 4451 CUBE are not using the HSRP virtual IP, it is using the G0/2 physical interface IP.

Seems like it is similar to the IOS bug CSCua78616. 

Does anyone get the same issue? 

Anyone from Cisco can confirm this behaviour on 4451?

Thanks.

6 Replies 6

jabritt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So why not just configure the CUBE for HA if you want to run HA? 

Hi Jabritt,

The CUBEs are also the primary and secondary WAN routers. At the WAN side, they got WAN link IP in different subnets. So I cannot do CUBE HA.

Post your configs and the take the  following debugs of the issue:

debug voip ccapi inout

debug ccsip messages

and I'll take a look.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

4451s do not use HSRP, you need to use box to box redundancy with dedicated interface connected via a switch (no cross-over cable). So, I would believe you would need to upgrade secondary router to ISR4K as well to get it to work properly.

Yup. I believe it will work if I have box to box redundancy for CUBE and additional routers for WAN.

jabritt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Post your configs and the take the  following debugs of the issue:

debug voip ccapi inout

debug ccsip messages

and I'll take a look.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: