cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

hunt calls drops after 45 seconds.

ahgnwtech
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I have a hunt pilot "7742" which has 2 extensions in the line group.

the distribution algorithm is top down and RNA reversion timeout is 15 seconds. There is no call fwd setup on the hunt pilot and hence i believe the the call should bounce between the extensions every 15 seconds until someone picks up or the default system timer which is 18000 (30 mins)

In my case the calls starts to bounce between the extensions every 15 seconds but is disconnected after 45 seconds.

is there any setting that i am missing?

the cucm version is 11.5.1.11900-26

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Under Hunt Options in Line Group configuration, what is the No Answer setting? Have you checked the Forward Maximum Hop Count service parameter? What is the setting?

Brandon

no answer setting under hunt option in line group is "try next member, but do not go to next group"

max hop count service parameter is default "12"

From CUCM help:

Try next member, but do not go to next group—If you choose this hunt option, Cisco Unified CM distributes a call to idle or available members starting from the first idle or available member of a line group to the last idle or available member. Cisco Unified CM stops trying upon reaching the last member of the current line group.

It looks like the hunting mechanism will stop after reaching the last member. One option would be to add each DN multiple times in the line group setup. So, under Selected DN/Route Partition you would have:

1234/Partition
5678/Partition1234/Partition
5678/Partition

You could also setup multiple line group and change the no answer setting to "Try next member; then, try next group in Hunt List"

Brandon