Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt group transfer no music plays

ascpl
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are experiencing an issue where a person is transferred to a hunt group where the members of that hunt group are on a call there is no music. The only indication that you are on hold is that the call timer on the phone is still increasing. Whenever one of the members of the hunt group finishes their call and hangs up, the person who was on hold immediately starts ringing through as you would expect. 

I am hoping I am just missing a checkbox or something somewhere, but for the life of me I can't find it. Please let me know any information that might help.

The phones are Cisco 8851 and the call manager is System version: 12.0.1.22900-11

Thank you

3 Replies 3

garry.engle
Level 1
Level 1

Assuming you've already checked the phone and line Music-On-Hold designations, give this a look through. It's helped me in the past.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/200453-Configure-CUCM-Native-Call-Queuing-Featu.html

That is a really great resource, but it looks like I have everything set up correct and we are still having the issue. I think I'm just going to open a TAC case and see if they have any idea.

Thank you.

ascpl
Level 1
Level 1

It appears a simple reboot of the MGCP gateway was the solution.

Thanks.