cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Pilot with queuing behaviors - ringing vs MoH, call not answered

VIVIEN MAHONEY
Level 4
Level 4

I am not satisfied with the way Hunt Pilots with queuing behave in our environment.  We are currently on CUCM 11.5, moving soon to 12.5. I haven't seen anything that looks much changed in 12.5.

Expectation 1 - if I turn on queuing, I want the caller to hear queue treatment (announcement / MoH) NOT ringing.  If the caller hears ringing for more than a few ring cycles they are more likely to hang up / abandon the call.  Is this possible if I enable the initial announcement? It seems like the announcement is played only if users are logged in but all the lines are busy.

Expectation 2 - If the call is presented to a line which does not answer, the call should NOT automatically fall out of the queue to the hunt pilot end sequence.  For example: Joe, Kate, and Ben are logged in.  Ben is on a call, Joe and Kate are idle.  The call is sent to Joe based on Longest Idle timer, but he misses the call.  In this case, the call should be sent to Kate, not to Voicemail or whatever the final RNA treatment of the hunt pilot is.  What we see is if the first user presented with the call misses to answer, the call is then going immediately to voicemail and is never queued or offered to the next available user.  

If I set up two line groups within the Hunt Pilot / Hunt list with the same line membership, can I then make sure that the call is offered to at least two people in the team before the hunt pilot gives up and falls over to voicemail?  If two line groups in one hunt list wouldn't work, would two hunt pilots in sequence let me present to at least two users before failing?

Are there changes in 12.5 vs 11.5 which will let me change the behavior to match what I want to happen?

1 Reply 1