Replies

I want to rebuild my Subscriber

mohd355355
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I got this problem for my cucm version System version: 7.0.2.20000-5

Product Part Number: MCS7825I3-K9-CMC1.

I want to rebuild my Subscriber , my publisher is working fine , only the subscriber has an issue and I m thinking in rebuild it .

I have taken a backup successfully for both of my server's publisher and subscriber .

I don't know the security password configured for the replication .

any advice about rebuild the subscriber ? can I configure any security password during the installation of my subscriber ? then later I will do restore for my subscriber .

because Idon't want to face any DB replication issue , 

Kind Regards

Mohammed Khamis

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

As you need the TFTP data on the subscriber, then you need to restore a good backup after the rebuild ( database replication copies all data form publisher to subscriber except for tftp data).

And as you need to a restore, the security password must match, so you need to proceed as below:

1. Change Security password on BOTH Publisher and Subscriber, this require a reboot.

2. Take a new backup from BOTH publisher and subscriber,

3. Rebuild the Subscriber.

4. Restore the backup in the Subscriber only.

If the subscriber currently not running and there is no way to get it running, then your only way is to change the security password on the publsiher only and re-install the sub  without doing any restore. In this way the TFTP data on Sub will be lost, but there no that impact upon proceeding this way.

Thank you,

Shadi

View solution in original post

Mohammed, 

after resetting the password on your publisher, you will have to restart the publisher. 

when the newly built subscriber registers to the publisher, it will automatically get the database from the publisher. there will be no need to restore a backup, unless there is specific information that you want. 

if you do require the backup to be restored, you will need to make sure that the information provided during the installation process is exactly the same as on the current subscriber. you can get this information by looking at the callmanager cert on the OS administration page. 

just to be sure, the above is true if you have a single subscriber. if you have multiple subscribers, you will need to reset the security password on all of them and then restart each server. i would not recommend this. 

be aware that you will need downtime. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Shadi Shami
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Mohammed,

You need first to reset the security password on the Publisher through CLI (set password user security).

Thank you,

Shadi

hello

Thanks for your replay ,

So if I reset the security password on my publisher , then after rebuild my SUSCRIBER do I need to do a restore to my subscriber FROM BACKUP ?

because if I did a restore again it will take the password configured on that backup which I don't know ?

Any advice ?

Kind Regards

Moahmmed Khamis

The old backup won't work, you have two options:

1. If you do not need any TFTP data on the current subscriber, you do not need to to any restart as it will take the configurations form the publisher.

2. Reset the Security password on the current Publisher and Subscriber then to retake an another backup after the change.

Thank you,

Shadi

Hello

Thanks all for the replay

sorry still im confused , because I faced the issue before for the same situation and it affects my Database Replication .

just to make sure for the rights steps I need to follow .

1- I need the TFTP data on my subscriber

2-Iwill reset the password on my publisher .

3-iwill install the subscriber with the configured security password .

4- do I need to restore data from previous backup to the new rebuild subscriber ?

5-or no need to do step 4 , and it will replicate all the data from the publisher , and no need to restore backup .

Advice please for the right way ? because I don't want to stuck in a database replication issue .

Regards

Mohammed

Hello,

As you need the TFTP data on the subscriber, then you need to restore a good backup after the rebuild ( database replication copies all data form publisher to subscriber except for tftp data).

And as you need to a restore, the security password must match, so you need to proceed as below:

1. Change Security password on BOTH Publisher and Subscriber, this require a reboot.

2. Take a new backup from BOTH publisher and subscriber,

3. Rebuild the Subscriber.

4. Restore the backup in the Subscriber only.

If the subscriber currently not running and there is no way to get it running, then your only way is to change the security password on the publsiher only and re-install the sub  without doing any restore. In this way the TFTP data on Sub will be lost, but there no that impact upon proceeding this way.

Thank you,

Shadi

Hi Shadi,

If the backup of only Publisher is available and subscriber node is to be rebuild, then will the publisher backup will be sufficient for rebuild. At present the phones are registered to Publisher, so while rebuilding the subscriber once the IP address of Subscriber is up and reachable will the phone will try to register to subscriber, even if database is not replicated

Mohammed, 

after resetting the password on your publisher, you will have to restart the publisher. 

when the newly built subscriber registers to the publisher, it will automatically get the database from the publisher. there will be no need to restore a backup, unless there is specific information that you want. 

if you do require the backup to be restored, you will need to make sure that the information provided during the installation process is exactly the same as on the current subscriber. you can get this information by looking at the callmanager cert on the OS administration page. 

just to be sure, the above is true if you have a single subscriber. if you have multiple subscribers, you will need to reset the security password on all of them and then restart each server. i would not recommend this. 

be aware that you will need downtime. 

Hi Mohammed, 

once you've changed your security password on the publisher, you simply need to bounce it. 

if you don't need the TFTP data on your subscriber, you can trash it, delete it from the publisher, and then rebuild it. use the new security password created on the publisher.