Views
Helpful
Replies

Identify calling party on FXO port

DAvelarNIC
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a problem where users are getting calls on their IP phones saying 911. These are coming from the analog lines located on the FXO ports installed on their 3825 that we use to route 911 calls. I ran a debug (debug voice ccapi inout) and can see when the call comes in but I dont see what the number is that is dialing it. Is it possible to see what number is calling into these FXO ports and if so what command should I run to log it or just watch it?

Its a 3825 with a VIC2-4FX0 running IOS 12.4(24) T2.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Tracy Larson
Level 4
Level 4

If you dial those lines does the caller ID still show 911? If not then the people calling into those lines are spoofing their caller ID as 911. Some areas do allow a person so send anything they want out as caller ID, like where I work.

Tracy

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You have a "dial-peer voice 911 pots", and some bug (can't find details) make that is erroneously shown as calling number.

Update IOS.

So if I update the IOS I will be able to see what number is calling into my POTS lines by debugging the router?

Thanks!

Router is not getting any CLID otherwise it would show it. "debug vpm signal" with "term mon".

Well that gave me a little more information. It appears the calls that were coming in via those analog lines has stopped. I appreciate all the feed back.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: