cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Identify Transcoder resource use DETAILS?

ajenks
Level 1
Level 1

I am shortly retiring a gateway that has transcoder resources configured (it is no longer doing any PSTN termination). I did not want to remove it from MRL's until I was sure it was no longer being used. I set an alert in RTMT and have been running this for almost 2 weeks. Today I got an alert that the resource was in use (for the first time since monitoring). By the time I connected to the device to investigat, the xcode was no longer active.

Is there a way (from CM (7.x) logging or other) that I can determine any details around how/why this was invoked (endpoints involved etc.) historically? - this would be my ideal scenario as it appears to be used vary rarely, or, what debugging do I need to configure to enable collection of this information for future event? I have enabled "debug dsp events" - is this sufficient? "debug media resource provisioning" is not supported on this hardware (I think this may have worked?) - It's a X4604 running 12.4 running as h323 gateway.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Payal Bhaduri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The detailed cucm traces for that period is sufficient to determine why the transcoder was invoked. It will also show the codec negotiation.