Views
Helpful
Replies

IDLE URL

Ajay Singh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If i configure IDLE URL in enterprise parameters of CUCM 7.x, and when later when user login into a phone using Extension mobility, will these IDLE URL will still be working or it will be over written. Device profile does not have IDLE URL parameter, so i believe it should not overwrite. Need confirmation and if any supportig document available, that would be great help.

Regards,

Aj

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

IDLE Url is either configured by the enterprise parameters or the device phone (not device profile) if you check the device profile settings you will not find a place to configure it , by default all phones takes the URL's from the enterprise parameters , if you configure it on the enterprise parameter and then you configure one in the device phone , the device phone will overwrite it (not the other way around).

Amer

View solution in original post

Hello,

So if i understand you correctly, Enterprise parameters values can be overwritten with Device phone configuration.  Yes

if i configure extension mobility and user is logs in using his  credentials, with his profile this will not affect the IDLE URL in  Enterprise parameter will not be affected and even if user logs in with  his own credentails, if he goes ideal, IDLE URL be still working. Please  correct if i am wrong.  You are right

Also if i m using IDLE URL, then in case of EXTENSION MOBILITY, is it  necessary to configure IDLE URL on device also, or configuring  enterprise parameter will suffice. No need to configure anything on the device , the enterprise will do the job.

Usually we overwrite the device URL if we want to publish something to everyone and some people you need to publish something else then you will need to change it on the device , other than that there is no need.

But be carefull , not all the phones can work with the device URL since everyphone has it's own dimensions , you may get some error messages on some ip phones types depeding on the size of the URL pic.

Amer

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hello,

IDLE Url is either configured by the enterprise parameters or the device phone (not device profile) if you check the device profile settings you will not find a place to configure it , by default all phones takes the URL's from the enterprise parameters , if you configure it on the enterprise parameter and then you configure one in the device phone , the device phone will overwrite it (not the other way around).

Amer

Hi,

Thanks for the reponse. So if i understand you correctly, Enterprise parameters values can be overwritten with Device phone configuration. However, if i configure extension mobility and user is logs in using his credentials, with his profile this will not affect the IDLE URL in Enterprise parameter will not be affected and even if user logs in with his own credentails, if he goes ideal, IDLE URL be still working. Please correct if i am wrong.

Also if i m using IDLE URL, then in case of EXTENSION MOBILITY, is it necessary to configure IDLE URL on device also, or configuring enterprise parameter will suffice.

TIA,

Ajay

Hello,

So if i understand you correctly, Enterprise parameters values can be overwritten with Device phone configuration.  Yes

if i configure extension mobility and user is logs in using his  credentials, with his profile this will not affect the IDLE URL in  Enterprise parameter will not be affected and even if user logs in with  his own credentails, if he goes ideal, IDLE URL be still working. Please  correct if i am wrong.  You are right

Also if i m using IDLE URL, then in case of EXTENSION MOBILITY, is it  necessary to configure IDLE URL on device also, or configuring  enterprise parameter will suffice. No need to configure anything on the device , the enterprise will do the job.

Usually we overwrite the device URL if we want to publish something to everyone and some people you need to publish something else then you will need to change it on the device , other than that there is no need.

But be carefull , not all the phones can work with the device URL since everyphone has it's own dimensions , you may get some error messages on some ip phones types depeding on the size of the URL pic.

Amer

Thanks,

This answers my question and clear my all doubts..

Regards,

Ajay