cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Implementing a new service on a Cisco 7911/7940/7960 phone

najib.khanafer
Level 1
Level 1

What are the the equipements needed and steps for implementing a turn on/off the lights service on a cisco phone ?

4 Replies 4

Roman Rodichev
Level 7
Level 7

You need:

1. Cisco IP Phone

2. Cisco CallManager or CallManager Express. CallManager 7.1 can be installed on a VMWare VM. It will automatically have a Demo license that is rnough for you. CallManager Express is built-into Cisco IOS, you just need a Cisco router.

3. You will need another Windows server running IIS+ASP.net or a Linux server running Apache+PHP (LAMP). You can then write a ASP or PHP script. Configure a service in CallManager and subscribe a phone to it. The service will point to the script using http URL. In this script you will need to do your actual "turning off the light" logic.

Regards,

Roman

Thank you this ir really helpfull,

one more thing is to what equipement will the server be connected to before he can reach the electric switch of the light, will that be a network automation engine ? if thats the case what type should i use ?

thank you

Najib, I think this is a wrong forum to ask about that. Cisco has nothing to do with automation.

Google for home automation do-it-yourself forums. I'm sure you can find a low-cost IP-enabled light automation kit that has a simple programming interface. Your PHP/ASP script can then talk to this equipment through IP network.

Ok i will, your help is highly appreciated,

Najib