Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Import Contact to Cisco Jabber

Hello all!

Does anybody knows the below:

1. Is it possible to import ''globally'' external organizations contacts to Cisco Jabber or Cisco IP Phones?

2. Is it possible for a user to synchronize his personal or organization's contacts over devices (Synchronize contacts from Jabber for Windows to iOS or Android Jabber and to Cisco IP Phone).

#import #contacts #jabber #CallManager #CUCM #CM 

Regards,

Argiris Verikios

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

https://help.webex.com/en-us/n0xkfy1/Import-Contacts-in-Cisco-Jabber

You can also import them via the IM&P admin GUI

Phones, assuming you use the built-in corporate directory, only reflect the users that are configured in CUCM, but you're free to buy or create your own custom directories.

If you use the same login for Jabber, you'll get the same contacts in any device, all that info is stored in the server, not on the device.

The only out of the box sync that exists for phones is this one:

Cisco IP Phone Address Book Synchronizer enables users to synchronize their Microsoft Windows Address Book with the Cisco Personal Address Book. Install this plug-in on all Windows operating system computers for Users who desire to synchronize their Windows Address Book with their Cisco Unified Communications Manager Personal Address Book.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you very much for your reply Jaime.

I will check your suggestion on my next visit to the customer and I will update you!

Kind Regards,

Argiris Verikios