Views
Helpful
Replies

Importing Only Phone Configuration from Old CUCM cluster to the new cluster

abdul rasheed
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have an existing CUCM cluster 11.6.x on old hardware and I am planning to build a new cluster with a new version (12.5.x). I want to import only IP phone configuration to the new cluster. Also, the old cluster is in non-secure mode and the new cluster will be in Mixed-Mode. 

As the environment is very critical and we have to do the phone migration with minimum service interruption, what will be the best method to do it? How can manage the ILT in this case? 

Thank You

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you don't plan to use PCD or the new cluster is already up and running then you'll have to use either BAT or AXL to migrate the phone data from one cluster to the other, as they're no the same version, you might need to massage the data as necessary for it to be accepted.

The topic of phones migration with ITL has been discussed many times here, and there is existing documentation that covers the topic, have you reviewed any of those??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you don't plan to use PCD or the new cluster is already up and running then you'll have to use either BAT or AXL to migrate the phone data from one cluster to the other, as they're no the same version, you might need to massage the data as necessary for it to be accepted.

The topic of phones migration with ITL has been discussed many times here, and there is existing documentation that covers the topic, have you reviewed any of those??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jaime and sorry for very late response.