cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Improving the User Experience for our UCM Communications Manager systems?

davethom
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking for ways that we might improve the experience for users of our Communications Manager systems.  In particular, I'm interested in User Pages enhancements (e.g., easy config of Single Number Reach), calling/phone features that the community would like to see (e.g., being able to set speed dials from the desk sets themselves) or even enhancements to existing features (e.g., more consistent EMCC across phone models).

To be clear, I'm not looking for everyone's gripe lists or favorite "corner-case" feature, but rather I would appreciate pointers to basic inconsistencies across our phone models (or even protocols) and to hear ideas for well considered features that would enhance productivity and most importantly, make our systems more convenient and a pleasure to use.

Thanks in advance for your input.

-Dave

15 Replies 15

Hi Dave,

One thing that would be useful is to change Personal Directory (and maybe even Voicemail) so that they are on longer Enterprise subscriptions. For the majority of my deployments Personal Directory is only used by a subset of users so having it appear on every phone is sometimes frustrating. Re. voicemail most of my installs now use Visual Voicemail so the option to remove the standard TUI would be nice. I normally delete the Personal Directory and Voicemail services and then re-create them as non-Enterprise services - not having to do this would be nice.

One relatively easy change would be to provide an enhanced Corporate Directory that could display multiple contact numbers for users. When synced with Active Directory the telephone numbers listed below get pulled into CUCM but are not displayed anywhere

FACSIMILE TELEPHONE   NUMBER

MOBILE

PAGER

HOME PHONE

If we could selectively enable display of these numbers (most people just want mobile) that would be really useful. I guess that I should be doing a better job of positioining Mobile Connect but alot of people do ask for this.