Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

In SRST mode do it possible to make call park to work

Could please let me know it is possible to make call park to work on SRST mode, if so please let me know the procedure to make call park to work.

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Bala,

There are two flavors of SRST (as shown below) and the one that you require to support Call Park is commonly referred to as Cisco Unified CME in SRST Fallback Mode. Here is the feature comparison;

SRST Fallback

This feature enables routers to provide call-handling support for Cisco Unified IP phones if they lose connection to remote primary, secondary, or tertiary Cisco Unified Communications Manager installations or if the WAN connection is down. When Cisco Unified SRST functionality is provided by Cisco Unified CME, provisioning of phones is automatic and most Cisco Unified CME features are available to the phones during periods of fallback, including hunt-groups, call park and access to Cisco Unity voice messaging services using SCCP protocol. The benefit is that Cisco Unified Communications Manager users will gain access to more features during fallback ****without any additional licensing costs.

Comparison of Cisco Unified SRST and

Cisco Unified CME in SRST Fallback Mode

Cisco Unified CME in SRST Fallback Mode

First supported with Cisco Unified CME 4.0: Cisco IOS Software 12.4(9)T

IP phones re-home to Cisco Unified CME if Cisco Unified Communications Manager fails. CME in SRST allows IP phones to access some advanced Cisco Unified CME telephony features not supported in traditional SRST

Support for up to 240 phones

No support for Cisco VG248 48-Port Analog Phone Gateway registration during fallback

Lack of support for alias command

Support for Cisco Unity® unified messaging at remote sites (Distributed Exchange or Domino)

***Support for features such as Pickup Groups, Hunt Groups, Basic Automatic Call Distributor (BACD), Call Park, softkey templates, and paging

Support for Cisco IP Communicator 2.0 with Cisco Unified Video Advantage 2.0 on same computer

No support for secure voice in SRST mode

More complex configuration required

Support for digital signal processor (DSP)-based hardware conferencing

E-911 support with per-phone emergency response location (ERL) assignment for IP phones (Cisco Unified CME 4.1 only)

Cisco Unified SRST

Supported since Cisco Unified SRST 2.0 with Cisco IOS Software 12.2(8)T5

IP phones re-home to SRST router if Cisco Unified Communications Manager fails. SRST allows IP phones to have basic telephony features

Support for up to 720 phones

Support for Cisco VG248 registration during fallback

Support for alias command

***Lack of support for features such as Pickup Groups, Hunt Groups, Call Park, and BACD

No support for Cisco IP Communicator 2.0 with Cisco Unified Video Advantage 2.0

Support for secure voice during SRST fallback

Simple, one-time configuration for SRST fallback service

No per-phone emergency response location (ERL) assignment for SCCP Phones (E911 is a new feature supported in SRST 4.1)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps2169/prod_qas0900aecd8028d113.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

I came across this thread while searching how to configure call-park under basic SRST. I haven't been able to figure out how to get it to work and assume that it's not supported, but I wanted to see if anyone knows why there is a call-park command under call-manager-fallback. It shows as below. The Park softkey is grayed out on a 7906 and 7940 phones even with this configured. I'm not sure about more resent SRST versions they may support call-park now. My IOS version is 12.4(24)T2.

br-router(config-cm-fallback)#call-park ?
  select  Define call park-slot select parameters. This is used to configure
          park-slot selection parameters for call park/pickup feature. Default
          is auto match with the last two digits of the parkor for  call
          park/pickup.
  system  Define call park/pickup parameters. This is used to configure system
          parameters for call park/pickup feature. H450/SIP: Default is local
          rotary for  call park/pickup.

br-router(config-cm-fallback)#call-park system ?
  application  Enable call park for both sccp and sip lines.
  redirect     Define call park/pickup system parameters. This is used to
               enable remote party redirect for call park/pickup. H.450/SIP:
               Default is local rotary for call park/pickup.

Thank you,

Mark

Hi,

I am testing pickup feature with version 15.2 (4)  SRST version 9.1. I have seen that is possible to use a enhanced pickup mode using this configuration:

call-manager-fallback

pickup 8000   #This DN "8000" is actually a dummy number"#

call-park system application

Using this configuration, when you press the "pickup" softkey you will get a "dial tone", so, if you dial to D.N that is ringing you will hunt the call.

( I am using SCCP phones)