Inbound call H323 gateway not working

nikhilrajan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

CUCM : 9.x

Gateway : 2921- H323 having BRI connection

Inbound call not working

Issue: When some call the Number 62578294 , the call hits the gateway .... but it does not ring the phone. We are getting cause value 27.

I have attached the logs(debugs: ISDN q931, H225 ANSI, CCAPI inout , TCP packet) and Sh run of the gateway

From CUCM site Gateway and the DNs are in same Partition

Call Flow:

PSTN>>BRI0/0/0)>>H323 Gateway>>Dialpeer 1(Pots)>>>Dialpeer 2(VOIP)>>CUCM>>Hunt Pilot(62578294)>>HL>>>LG>>>>DN 2001

Gateway IP: 192.168.55.1

CUCM : 192.168.5.24 and .25

Note: SP already said everything is very fine from their end

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leszek Wojnarski
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You'd actually need to provide debugs from the CUCM (SDL Traces), as the release is comming from the CUCM:

###

*Jun 15 04:03:56.038: H225.0 INCOMING PDU ::=

value H323_UserInformation ::=
{
h323-uu-pdu
{
h323-message-body releaseComplete

###

can you please attach SDL traces.

Additionally can you please confirm that on CUCM site on GW configuration you have "Enable Inbound FastStart" checked?

Leszek

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Leszek Wojnarski
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You'd actually need to provide debugs from the CUCM (SDL Traces), as the release is comming from the CUCM:

###

*Jun 15 04:03:56.038: H225.0 INCOMING PDU ::=

value H323_UserInformation ::=
{
h323-uu-pdu
{
h323-message-body releaseComplete

###

can you please attach SDL traces.

Additionally can you please confirm that on CUCM site on GW configuration you have "Enable Inbound FastStart" checked?

Leszek

Hi Leszek,

I shall get you the SDL logs.

I enabled Enable Inbound FastStart on the Gateway configuration in CUCM but still the same result.

Regards,

Nikhil

Ok Nikhil,

And I understand that you've restarted clicked restart on the CUCM webpage for this GW after doing the change, right?

Leszek

Yes Leszek, I reset/ restarted the Gateway from CUCM page. After that i deleted and recreate the Gateway configuration but no luck

Regards,

Nikhil

Ok, let's see CUCM Traces.

btw:

I can see from logs it's a new setup of h323. Why don't you use SIP instead, as it's usually easier to troubleshoot.

Leszek

Hi Leszek,

I am trying to retrieve CUCM logs as i have dependency on customer for access.

Well customer is comfortable with  H323 set up as other site also running the same protocol and more over customer is fine with H323 :)

Regards,

Nikhil

Hi Guys,

Issue got resolved today.... 

Customer was not using Hlog softkey option. Due to which call was not hitting

Even i was under assumption that they were using it.

Thank you Leszek and Deepak for all the support 

Regards,

Nikhil

Try adding another voip dial-peer for .24 ip and make sure GW has inbound CSS for the phone partition. Thanks

HI Deepak,

Earlier it was .24 ( pub) and since it was not working i moved  to .25(Sub). Also inbound CSS have the phone partition. I am trying to retrieve the CUCM logs 

Regards,

Nikhil

Thank you for update Nikhil.

Looking at the version ,i was thinking GW needs  trust list commands to prevent toll fraud prevention.That is the reason i requested to have two separate dial-peer's for .24 and .25 . I could be wrong as well.

However As per Leszek suggestion let us go with CCM logs.Hopefully we are able to help find the cause.thanks