cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

incoming call to CUCM or CUnity first?

chinpohpang851
Level 1
Level 1

I have 1 ISDN mainline number in Unity (Call routing-Direct call) to a hunt pilot in CUCM and I try to copy same setting for another DDI but failed. The call directly went to CUCM hunt pilot and passed the Unity Greetings. So i wonder which part did i missed? Why my mainline will go to Unity first but my testing DDI goes to CUCM ?

#No CTI route point configured for my mainline

4 Replies 4

Georgios Fotiadis
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you elaborate on the issue, because it is not quite clear. How is your main number currently configured and what are you trying to achieve?

Georgios
Please rate if you find this helpful.

I want to make a direct call from CUCM to Unity, so I don't need to check Forward All option in CUCM for that DN.

If a DDI is assigned to a phone then you cannot call it from outside and bypass its ringing without setting call forward all on the DN, you could designate another DDI to reach this DDIs voicemail directly from outside, but I dont see the point of it.  If the desire is to send calls directly to someone's voicemail internally the most common practice is to use * prefix followed by the internal extension which matches a CTI RP that strips the * via voicemail profile and forwards to voicemail, but this would only be applicable to  internally dialed numbers as you are in control of the dial plan not the telco provider.

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
It could be that your CUC is SIP integrated and their a route pattern sending your DID calls over the SIP trunk to Unity. Or maybe DID number is CFA to the Call Handler on Unity handling the transfer back to CUCM hunt pilot.