cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming called-number, isdn, how digits forwarded?

Frameschubser
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

me study for ccna voice and me do not have isdn to test. But me want to know how the digits flow through a incoming dial-peer with incomming called number set. Lets asume the call comes in through isdn.

called number ( called from pots - not from cell-phone):  123456789

diel-peer voice 1 pots

incoming called-number 12345

As far as i understand, the digits are collected till a dial-peer has a best match (else dial-peer 0). So with the example dial-peer 1, the digits coming in are collected till the perfect match (12345) and then stop collecting.

My question is: What number is tried to match the outgoing call-leg/dial-peer to the phone with the number 123456789? Is it 12345 cause incoming dial-peer stops collecting at perfect match, or is it 123456789?

Thx for supporting

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ah, i read it before but it seems i missed something

So it depends on the DID?

If no DID then 12345 is forwarded and cause of that -> no match to the phone?

If DID then 123456789 is forwarded?

If so, what is if the provider dont provide DID but me would set DID at the incoming dial-peer?  Then it is the same as as me would set no DID at incoming  dial-peer and the called number comes in digit by digit?

Dial peer will not stop matching as digits are arriving, all digits will be collected and then best match will be used. So in your example after 12345 are delivered the call will not route right away.

Chris

Thank you so much

And yes, me missed also the link in your link where it is described if telco do not set DID - shame on me

But you bring be back on track