Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming Calls MGCP ISDN PRI

Kuilan18
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everybody!  

First time positing so I apologize if I leave out crucial information normmaly added to question post.

I have been working in Routing and Switching for a while now but I have now been assigned with maintaining our VOIP Network.  

I had noticed we were only operating on one Voice Gateway so I have decided to add a second 2851 VGW.

I first Gateway already has 4 ISDN Circuits and I am adding only one to my second gateway for now (Will add more once functioning fully)

I was able to use most of the configs from my first gateway to get this new one running but I have noticed a weird issue.  I do not see incoming traffic from PSTN landing on this new gateway when I monitor my q931 debugs.  I created a seperate route partition to make use of the new gateway in CUCM and have been able to make calls to my cell phone with no issues.

In my office I work with an old Telco SL100 Switch which is maintained by another tech. The new circuit has been added to the route group on the Telco Switch according to the other tech.

I have been doing research and making sure I have configured my gateway correctly.  Currently using MGCP with my ISDN PRI circuit.  I have also configured my dial-peer and associated it to my D channel interface (0/0/0:23).

I have left debug q931 on the new gateway and never see incoming call debug messages show up.  All incoming calls still establish on the first gateway.  This makes me feel there is a configuration missing on the Telco switch to make use of this new circuit.

I do not want to come off as I am looking for others to resolve my issues for me.  I have been studying how this all works and have learned alot on mgcp, isdn pri's and getting it all working together.  I was able to resolve my registration issues,  outgoing calls and dtmf issues with the new gateway.  This is the last piece  I am missing.  

I have attached my configs and some extra info.  Is there something I am missing in my configs? 

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes this is expected as it’s the Telco that controls how calls are distributed in the inbound direction. From your post it looks like they might be doing something like top down distribution, with the circuits in the other router set as higher in order in the list.

Btw you do know that the router model that you use is EOL and EOS?

Response Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Kuilan18
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry for such a large post.  It seems that the gateway was working with no issues.  I waited till after hours to shut my primary circuits.  As soon as I shut my Primary circuits traffic showed up on the new gateway.  Appears to be the way the calls are load balanced from the Telco side.  

Yes this is expected as it’s the Telco that controls how calls are distributed in the inbound direction. From your post it looks like they might be doing something like top down distribution, with the circuits in the other router set as higher in order in the list.

Btw you do know that the router model that you use is EOL and EOS?

Response Signature

Hey Roger,  Thank you for your response!  We will be purchasing newer hardware this year.  I get very uneasy with single points of failures so I got this old gateway up and running in the meantime.  Was just sitting in a closet so I figured why not :D.  Thanks for your response and time again!

Your welcome. Glad you found it useful.

Response Signature