cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

install ip communicator on windows server 2003

tim.frazee
Level 4
Level 4

any tips on installing ip communicator on windows server 2003? install program poops when it looks at the OS. tells me which OS is supports.

4 Replies 4

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

It is only supported on Windows 2000 Professional and XP. Supported for Vista is expected to be available in April/May timeframe.

In general CIPC is not supported on Server Platform

I understand that it may not be supported. I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to get around the limitation. server 2003 is based off of windows xp, so the difference is not much.

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Like all Cisco products, it looks to the registry to gather system information. You can check the registery to see if puts anything under Cisco hive. Possibly when it starts the installation process, it rights to the key and notes the system model, OS, etc. If it does (dont have one in front of me) you could change the OS=xxxx and maybe "trick" it. We do this with Callmanager when we want to install on a non MCS server. If you hack the registry, you can then install it on a Dell or whatever... (for testing, not for production)

And remember, not supported by TAC. W2K and XP only.

knovak
Level 1
Level 1

You could try running the installer program in compatibility mode for Windows XP.

This can be accomplished by right clicking the installer program and selecting properties, then select the Compatibility tab, populate the check box and select your version.

Give it a try