Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing Flex-Plan Enhanced Licenses on CUCM 11.5

FAST-DETECT
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

as we need to increase our license count I subscribed to 5 Enhanced Flex-Plan licenses through our cisco vendor. The order confirmation lists A-FLEX-11.X-LIC so I think the vendor didn't make any mistakes.

I received the webex invitation mail (I think the subscription model now also includes webex features). The order also shows up under My Cisco Entitlements and within our Smart Account.

Traditionally I entered the order number under "traditional licensing" and the Prime License Manager would pull the license to the call manager. 

That's the step where I'm stuck now. I opened a TAC ticket, and got the response that I should create a token within my smart account. From what I know, those tokens are used on devices that support smart licensing, to acquire the license from the smart account. However CUCM 11.5 still uses traditional licensing. I'm waiting on a follow up reply from TAC. However maybe there is something that can be done on my end. Did the vendor or I make a mistake? 

regards

Fabian

2 Replies 2

AFAIK, token is for smart licensing. 

So you didn't get any PAK for the CUCM 11.5 license which you ordered ? 

Response Signature

Nope I did not receive any PAKs. Also the order numbers associated with the transaction are not valid to find and add PAKs under traditional licensing.